Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mute/unmute MacBook on schedule

Can I schedule mac to mute/unmute on schedule? Not just DND, which mutes notifications, but something that would mute all sound. Use case: Prevent this: cant sleep, play game, forget to mute sounds, angry partner!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 7:45 PM

susaninnpot Said:

"Mute/unmute MacBook on schedule: Can I schedule mac to mute/unmute on schedule? Not just DND, which mutes notifications, but something that would mute all sound. Use case: Prevent this: cant sleep, play game, forget to mute sounds, angry partner!"

-------

Scheduling Muting a Mac:

Using AppleScript, create a code, create the App, and then run the app. That might do the trick. I've created one that opens as a Login Item. It mutes it at every login. So, that's the only way you may be able to do this. Ask here: Apple Developer Fourms

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 7:45 PM in response to susaninnpot

susaninnpot Said:

"Mute/unmute MacBook on schedule: Can I schedule mac to mute/unmute on schedule? Not just DND, which mutes notifications, but something that would mute all sound. Use case: Prevent this: cant sleep, play game, forget to mute sounds, angry partner!"

-------

Scheduling Muting a Mac:

Using AppleScript, create a code, create the App, and then run the app. That might do the trick. I've created one that opens as a Login Item. It mutes it at every login. So, that's the only way you may be able to do this. Ask here: Apple Developer Fourms

Mute/unmute MacBook on schedule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.