Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS 12.6 email

Since updating to the new Mac OS 12.6 version of Monterey, I have not been able to see the images in my email signatures. They appear in GMail when I view them there, but not in Apple mail. Also seems to be happening on my iPhone (no images visible in email signature in IOS mail, but are visible in GMail) not that i really need to view them there.

The Load Remote Content in Messages option is no longer an option in Mail - Preferences - Viewing - any more. Can't see where else to check, and wondering if this a new security thing apple has introduced?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 6:04 AM

theJodster wrote:

Since updating to the new Mac OS 12.6 version of Monterey, I have not been able to see the images in my email signatures. They appear in GMail when I view them there, but not in Apple mail. Also seems to be happening on my iPhone (no images visible in email signature in IOS mail, but are visible in GMail) not that i really need to view them there.

The Load Remote Content in Messages option is no longer an option in Mail - Preferences - Viewing - any more. Can't see where else to check, and wondering if this a new security thing apple has introduced?

—Mail issues in macOS Monterey.

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable:

“Protect Mail Activity” /

“Hide IP address” /

“Block all remote content”

—Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

compare your results

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 6:04 AM in response to theJodster

theJodster wrote:

—Mail issues in macOS Monterey.

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable:

“Protect Mail Activity” /

“Hide IP address” /

“Block all remote content”

—Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

compare your results

Oct 3, 2022 6:13 AM in response to theJodster

Per chance , any AntiVirus , Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizers, Ad Blockers installed and used on this computer ?

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and comprising the Operating System

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions

Below, is only a partial List of Unneeded / Bad Actor Software which is updated as new ones appear on theses Forums

This will include CleanMyMac , This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus , Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus, McAfee, MacKeeper, Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard, Webroot , ESET , Kaspersky Antivirus. Anti virus

AVG AntiVirus   PowerMyMac 

Trustee  Total AV

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Oct 18, 2022 8:54 AM in response to PRP_53

I also have the same problem: not able to view emails with images using Mail. A good example is the email from Apple, "Your receipt from Apple", I can't see the receipt, the email is simply blank. This of course renders Apple Mail useless. I'm using a brand new MacBook Air M2 with Mac OS 12.6. I have no anti-virus or other apps on the list. The privacy settings suggested by Mac - Apple support did not work to fix the problem.

Mac OS 12.6 email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.