You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It’s Time to Stand reminders at night !

I just bought my first Apple Watch a week ago and have now have gotten reminders to stand in the middle of the night.

I see that there have been multiple threads about this over the years and the the main “solution” has been to turn off coaching. That sounds pretty ridiculous. I had a Fitbit for over 2 years and not once did it wake me in the night. Never did I have to remember to toggle a setting before bed so that I could sleep through the night.

How has APPLE not figured this out while Fitbit has?

After the first night this happened, I started turning off haptics and setting it to silent before bed. Last night I forgot and got a reminder at 2:50am.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 8:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 7:00 AM

Ok so I had set my phone using USE SCHEDULE FOR SLEEP FOCUS and ensured that SHARE ACROSS DEVICES is turned on. When I got up for a pee at 4am, my watch vibrated to tell me it was excited that I was standing. I then manually turned the watch to silent and haptics off because I couldn't depend on it staying quiet for the rest of the night. When I woke at 7:30am (still inside my sleep focus schedule) I see that my watch had also been trying to tell me to drink water (Water Reminder app).

So obviously, the sleep focus schedule is not the solution here.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2022 7:00 AM in response to Jay-204

Ok so I had set my phone using USE SCHEDULE FOR SLEEP FOCUS and ensured that SHARE ACROSS DEVICES is turned on. When I got up for a pee at 4am, my watch vibrated to tell me it was excited that I was standing. I then manually turned the watch to silent and haptics off because I couldn't depend on it staying quiet for the rest of the night. When I woke at 7:30am (still inside my sleep focus schedule) I see that my watch had also been trying to tell me to drink water (Water Reminder app).

So obviously, the sleep focus schedule is not the solution here.

Oct 4, 2022 7:55 AM in response to Jay-204

Jay-204 wrote:

Ok so I had set my phone using USE SCHEDULE FOR SLEEP FOCUS and ensured that SHARE ACROSS DEVICES is turned on. When I got up for a pee at 4am, my watch vibrated to tell me it was excited that I was standing.

While I have seen that, I've never had it actually remind me to stand while I had Sleep Focus enabled. It only activates if I'm obviously walking around.

When I woke at 7:30am (still inside my sleep focus schedule) I see that my watch had also been trying to tell me to drink water (Water Reminder app).

Is that a permitted app in your Sleep Focus? Does the app itself have a "quiet time" setting? The water reminder app I use has a setting that lets me tell it not to remind me during a certain period.

Oct 8, 2022 11:06 AM in response to Jay-204

Jay-204 wrote:

Just updating: Setting up Do Not Disturb was the solution. It’s been working great since.

While I'm glad to hear you got it working, you'd already indicated you had Sleep set up in Focus. Other than being connected to Sleep in Health, it works pretty much the same way as the DND focus. So, I'm not sure why it would work in one and not the other. But, as long as it's working....

It’s Time to Stand reminders at night !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.