Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another Monterey problem!

I have been trying to find the "auto save", or its equivelent, but there seems to be absolute nothing anywhere, including the apps, for this. This leaves considerable heartaches whenever there is a accidental app closure and the "UNSAVED content" does not show but just cancels ALL EDITS from the last manual save.

Will this be fixed in the near future? or will it be like all the rest; just more features lost?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 1:09 PM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2022 7:21 PM in response to Sparkgapper

All of my documents auto-save. I almost never save a document until I am done working on it.

There isn't any menu command.

You have to disable "Ask to keep changes when closing documents."

You can view the various versions (auto-saves) by using the Revert to… command in the File menu.

Some apps, like Microsoft Office, have their own auto-save mechanism and don't use Apple's Versions.

https://eshop.macsales.com/blog/47415-auto-save-and-versions-an-often-overlooked-mac-feature/

Oct 16, 2022 8:20 PM in response to Barney-15E

This is in both Pages and Numbers and the only other app I use is GEDitCOM II genealogical software which I definitively manual save after making any changes especially being as far (18 years of entries) along with over 100k entries.

I just searched for that "Ask to keep......" without success. I though it should be in security or Privacy but nothing even along those lines. I also Check Pages and same there..

Another Monterey problem!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.