Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up saying iPhone was hacked

I am thinking this is a scam but twice I have been playing a game on my phone. All of the sudden my phone goes into Safari. A pop up comes up from etrafficmedia.com. It reads Your iPhone has been hacked. All operations on your iPhone are being tracked by the hacker. Immediate action is required!

the only option is to close and it pops up saying to click to fix and then a count down timer.

I just closed the window, deleted the app I was on and cleared my browser history.

Is this a scam?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 6:43 PM

Hi,

You did the right thing with closing the tab and clearing your browsing history. It sounds as if it was a spam ad/pop-up or phishing attempt. The following articles should be able to further assist:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 6:43 PM in response to MacYKGirl

Hi,

You did the right thing with closing the tab and clearing your browsing history. It sounds as if it was a spam ad/pop-up or phishing attempt. The following articles should be able to further assist:

Pop up saying iPhone was hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.