Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not searchable in spotlight search in ios 16

Hi,

Since I upgrades to iOS 16 on my iPhone 13 pro, the installed apps stopped appearing in the spotlight search results.

Apple's preinstalled apps do show up.

I checked in the parameters that all the apps are indeed included in the SIRI suggestions.

Sometimes, the app appears, but the icon is absent, and the tile is not clickable.

Rebooting doesn't help.

Thank you

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 5:57 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2022 4:39 PM in response to sergefromforest

Hey sergefromforest,

Did you check to see if you have iOS 16.0.2 available? If you didn't check that yet, it should be available for you to download and install. We recommend that you get that done first.

If the issue persists even with iOS 16.0.2, double check to make sure these apps are still available in the App Store. If you see them, we recommend that you delete the app from your iPhone, and then redownload them:

1. Open the App Store app.
2. Tap the sign-in button  or your photo at the top of the screen.
3. Tap Purchased.
4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button .

If you have an issue redownloading your apps, check out more info from this article: If there's an issue when you redownload apps, movies, or other content from Apple

We hope this helps!

Best regards.

Oct 10, 2022 1:24 AM in response to BrianK90

Thanks Briank90,

unfortunately, this didn't work.

I installed the update. no change

I rebooted the phone. no change

I uninstalled an app (here SONOS) the reinstalled it. no change.

I rebooted the phone. no change

As you can see from the screenshot below, the app is found by spotlight, but is not clickable, and the icon is missing.

It is the same for all other non Apple apps.

This is very annoying because I have a lot of apps, and often, spotlight is my go to launcher to avoid searching for them.

Thanks.

Apps not searchable in spotlight search in ios 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.