You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro - Sim card not working after update to ios 15.7

Since updating my iPad Pro 11-inch 1st Gen to iso 15.7 my PlusNet sim card used for data is no longer working. The sim card worked previously to the update as have other sim cards I’ve used in the past. I am now at a loss as to why I can no longer use my sim card on this iPad so I’m appealing for help or

advice as I’ve drawn a blank.

I have tried all the online suggestions I can find like

a) Switching off airplane mode waiting and switching it back on.

b) Resetting the Network Settings, location & Privacy, All settings

c) Cleaning and Re-seating the sim card.

d) I have not been prompted to update any carrier settings when returning the sim card to the device.  

The graphic option to turn the Mobile Data On or Off in the setting menu is no longer present. It only gives options to select a network provider Gigsky, RedteaGO, Truphone Other...   (see Pic 01 below).

I’ve probably never noticed before but could this be because my sim card is not recognised and is only present when it id's a sim card?

To switch the mobile data on or off I now have to ask Siri to do it or from the drop-down menu. 

In the about section of the settings, the Network Provider reads iPad 50.0 mobile data number Unknown.

I have tested the sim on another device an Android Phone and found it to be working. PlusNet report that there are no problems with the card.

I’ve tried another working Sim card on the iPad and found that that also didn’t work.

I have owned the unlocked iPad for 3 or more years and have used various sim cards from different networks all of which have worked. Including the PlusNet one which has worked up until this update.

Has anyone else come across this problem and is it a hardware or a software problem?

Cheers in advanced

Pic one

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 9:18 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 5, 2022 8:35 AM in response to Moggy624

Hey there Moggy624,

We wanted to confirm a few things you mentioned, along with continuing to rule out some other possible causes:

1. From your screenshot, we do not see the option for 'PlusNet', but we do see the option for 'Other'. What occurs exactly when you follow the steps by tapping upon it?
  2. You mentioned not being prompted for a carrier settings update when you reseated your SIM card, but what occurs if you manually check for one? Here are the steps: Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad
  3. You mentioned having to ask Siri to disable cellular data, but are you still able to use internet-based apps when not connected to a Wi-Fi network?

Cheers!

Ipad Pro - Sim card not working after update to ios 15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.