Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri and dictation not working

After updating to 16 and now 16.0.2 on my iPhone 11, my dictation and Siri are not working. My microphone works. I have done a hard reset, toggled both off and on, reset through settings, etc. Doesn’t work through CarPlay or AirPods either.

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 12:06 AM

I have an iPhone 13 on iOS 16.0.2 and same problem here. I have already reset "Hey Siri", Dictation, network settings, the iPhone (volume up and hold power on button)...and it continues exactly the same.

It seems like Siri activates but she doesn't "listen" because after finishing the command it starts like "wait a moment"...."I'am on it...".....and finally "I have had some problems"...

The dictation exactly the same. I push the button, the icon appears with a little cross and then nothing happens.

On the other hand, I have an iPhone XS on iOS 16.1 beta 4 and an Apple Watch Series 4 (WatchOS 9) and some homepods mini and in all devices it's correctly working...

¿Solution?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 12:06 AM in response to Wilkesboronc

I have an iPhone 13 on iOS 16.0.2 and same problem here. I have already reset "Hey Siri", Dictation, network settings, the iPhone (volume up and hold power on button)...and it continues exactly the same.

It seems like Siri activates but she doesn't "listen" because after finishing the command it starts like "wait a moment"...."I'am on it...".....and finally "I have had some problems"...

The dictation exactly the same. I push the button, the icon appears with a little cross and then nothing happens.

On the other hand, I have an iPhone XS on iOS 16.1 beta 4 and an Apple Watch Series 4 (WatchOS 9) and some homepods mini and in all devices it's correctly working...

¿Solution?

Oct 5, 2022 9:39 AM in response to Wilkesboronc

Greetings Wilkesboronc,

Is Siri not activating when you say "Hey Siri"? If so, reach out to Apple Support directly for assistance with the behavior, as outlined in the following article:

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone - Apple Support

If Siri activates when you press the side or Home button, but doesn't activate when you say "Hey Siri," contact Apple Support.

They can also look in to the dictation issue being experienced.

Kind regards.

Oct 6, 2022 7:31 PM in response to German_A

This is my exact issue. Neither Siri or Dictation work ever. And I too have had this issue since ios 16 and now 16.0.2. I’m on a iPhone XR.

I only get "wait a moment"...."I'am on it...".....and finally "I have had some problems"...

I too have done a hard reset, turned Siri on and off, reset the network settings. Nothing helps.

Siri and dictation not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.