Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple froze some money on my account after ordering an iPad Air

Hey, so I placed an order for an iPad Air and Apple froze some money from the account I indicated for payment, in order to confirm that the card is valid. I would like to know when they charge the actual amount of the product if they charge the remaining, or if they charge the full price and then defreeze the amount they froze in the first place. Thank you.

As an example, let's pretend my order was 50 euros and Apple froze 10 euros to confirm my account. When they charge me the product, do they charge 40 euros, or do they charge 50 and defreeze the 10 they froze?

Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 3:34 PM

The “pre-authorised” sum assigned to your credit-card is simply an amount that is “held” against your credit limit. This amount is never actually charged to you. Only when your order is eventually processed will the actual amount be charged to your account - and be payable by you on your next billing cycle.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 3:34 PM in response to inês257

The “pre-authorised” sum assigned to your credit-card is simply an amount that is “held” against your credit limit. This amount is never actually charged to you. Only when your order is eventually processed will the actual amount be charged to your account - and be payable by you on your next billing cycle.

Apple froze some money on my account after ordering an iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.