Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to Monterey 12.6 doesn't work

I've tried to install the 12.6 update 5 times on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 with an i5 3.3 GHz 2TB drive with .9 TB available) by clicking "update now", including from safe mode, however none of the installs have worked. The process seems to follow the usual process, but when it's all done, I'm still on 12.5.1 and I get the message that Monterey 12.6 is available and will be installed tonight. The update doesn't install overnight either. Otherwise, the iMac works fine.

How do I get the update to install?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 7:59 AM

Terminal Command below without the Quotation Marks .

It will Pull the Full Installer of Monterey 12.6 about ( 12.xx GB ) and place a new application on Applications folder.

It Will NOT Launch.

When ready and perhaps do this from a Safe Boot and then Launch the " Install Monterey "

" softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 12.6 "

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 7:59 AM in response to atrain6

Terminal Command below without the Quotation Marks .

It will Pull the Full Installer of Monterey 12.6 about ( 12.xx GB ) and place a new application on Applications folder.

It Will NOT Launch.

When ready and perhaps do this from a Safe Boot and then Launch the " Install Monterey "

" softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 12.6 "

Updating to Monterey 12.6 doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.