Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble logging in to apple music

Hi

When I try to log in to music on my work laptop, I can't. I enter my password and the little window just pops back up. I've double and triple checked my password, and it's correct. I've restarted the laptop, that doesn't work...

I have a bunch of music files stored on there and can't access them. I just checked and that laptop is running an older OS. It's on Catalina 10.15.17. Some reason it won't let me update it. Might be that's the problem...

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:09 PM

nejen131 Said:

"trouble logging in to apple music"

-------

Q2. "I have a bunch of music files stored on there and can't access them. I just checked and that laptop is running an older OS. It's on Catalina 10.15.17. Some reason it won't let me update it. Might be that's the problem..."

A2. About Updating a Mac:

Read the following...

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 2:09 PM in response to nejem131

nejen131 Said:

-------

Q2. "I have a bunch of music files stored on there and can't access them. I just checked and that laptop is running an older OS. It's on Catalina 10.15.17. Some reason it won't let me update it. Might be that's the problem..."

A2. About Updating a Mac:

Read the following...

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Oct 5, 2022 2:08 PM in response to nejem131

nejen131 Said:

-------

Q1. "When I try to log in to music on my work laptop, I can't. I enter my password and the little window just pops back up. I've double and triple checked my password, and it's correct. I've restarted the laptop, that doesn't work..."

A1. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

trouble logging in to apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.