Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone > Recents showing multiple contacts.

On iOS 16.0.2, in the Phone app Recents section, each recent call shows multiple contacts even though only one contact was called.

Steps taken:

• Turned Device Off/On Again

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 7:17 AM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2022 7:20 AM in response to rj_hoff

You may have stored the same contacts in multiple email accounts.

Either remove the contacts from the rarely used email account or disable contacts from the rarely used mail account in the iOS Mail app.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Oct 14, 2022 11:30 AM in response to SravanKrA

This is the same problem I have. It is not the contacts, that is the problem.

I just signed out of Apple ID. I looked at my recent contacts, and it shows 2 completely unconnected contacts on one phone call.

I only have contacts checked in my iCloud settings, and for no other email accounts.

What I can say for sure is that I didn't have this issue until Sept 22. I did do an upgrade to the new OS, and judging by dates on the HD folders, it appears that was on Sept 22, but nothing else has changed on any of my Mac devices.

There is no way to erase the contact/phone number that was not called, from the one that was called (or called.) And to top it off, I've also found one call has 3 contacts listed, as well.

The multiple contacts are also appearing on both calls I make, and on calls I receive.

EXCEPT, when I go to the call with a number I want to call, I tap the circle with an i, which goes to a list of 2 phone numbers, tap on the circle with an i, giving me the contact for the person I want to call, then tapping their phone number. It will then show a single contact or number in the recent calls list.

And the part of this that is very frustrating is that when I look at the number information for a contact (wading through 2 screens instead of one) is that it will only show "recent." Only on the single contact name/number will I see the time and length of the phone call.

This is a bug.

Phone > Recents showing multiple contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.