Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Barcode scanners don’t read my iPhone screen

Hi. Whenever I try to use a scanner to read a bar code or QR code on my iPhone 13 screen, the scanner can’t read it.

I’ve noticed when trying to redeem supermarket vouchers on my screen, or when trying to pick up parcels from an Amazon pick up point. My phone does have a screen protector. It’s the same brand I used on my iPhone 11, which worked just fine with scanners.

i turn the brightness up, and have the screen flat close to, or against, the scanner, and I have tried adjusting the position, but still no joy.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 2:02 AM

I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 2:02 AM in response to MrAdrianB

I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Barcode scanners don’t read my iPhone screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.