Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AU Sampler looks different and I can't find resources anywhere.

Hello guys,

So I've been using garageband for a while now, I know it pretty well and I've been wanting to get into this AUSampler recently. Thing is, this is painfully frustrating, mine looks different. I do everything that all the tutorials tell me to do. I enable Audio Units, I go into the plugins menu, etc. Tap Apple, AU sampler and I get the attached image. What can I do? Have you ever had this problem?

I am running Garageband on Macbook pro M1. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 7:03 PM

No need to contact Apple Support. The solution is to open GarageBand Preferences, then click on General. UNCHECK Accessibility - Open plug-ins in Control view by default.

Smile

That's all there is to it. Enjoy using your new sampler!

5 replies

Oct 11, 2022 12:45 AM in response to AnnieL2

Hello,

No this doesn't help because this explains what Audio Units are. I know what they are and how to use them. I just don't know why my AU instruments look different and apparently there is nothing I can do about that. Please help me. As I said, I have Audio Units enabled, and I know how to access them. They just look different on my end. It seems like Garageband doesn't load them properly or something.

Thanks.

My AU Sampler looks different and I can't find resources anywhere.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.