You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 update broke Siri Apple Music integration

I've been giving the same command to Siri for north of I think 10 years now.

And, almost without fail, it's always worked...

Since updating to iOS 16, however, it goes something like this:

Me:  Hey Siri, shuffle playlist "New Complete".

Siri:  It looks like Apple Music can't play that.

To add insult to injury [to Apple], I'll point out that the following still works:

Me: Alexa, ask Apple Music to shuffle playlist "New Complete".

Alexa: OK (then starts playing my APPLE MUSIC playlist without issue).

Siri does the same now for ALL my playlists, ALL of which worked before my iOS 16 update (an update which I only performed because it was REQUIRED to fix my Apple TV).

Again. ALL work through the Apple Music skill on Alexa, and they are Apple Music playlists, not Amazon Music playlists.

Anyone know how to fix my iPhone so this works again?

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 2:13 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 10, 2022 5:33 PM in response to Bobby T

Hi Bobby T, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues with asking Siri to play your playlist on Apple Music.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us further isolate the issue.

Does it seem like the issue is isolated to a specific playlist?

Have you performed any steps to troubleshoot the issue? For example, have you tried restarting your iPhone?

In the meantime, we recommend that you update your device to iOS 16.0.2 if you haven't.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest software version for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

iOS 16 update broke Siri Apple Music integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.