Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro grainy photos

I just got the iPhone 14 Pro (switch from Android) and I feel like the camera makes everything too sharpened. Is there a way to change that? Before I take the picture it looks fine, but when I open it on photos it’s very sharpened and grainy as if there’s a filter on it. I went in settings and played with options/filters but didn’t notice a difference.

How can I turn off whatever filter is doing this?

Thank you.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 8:23 AM

None of the options provided in the answer above worked. I try all of them but the phone keeps doing the same.

Before I take the picture the colors and everything looks fine, but when I open it on photos it’s very sharpened, grainy and darker.

I don't want and I don't think I should need to edit every single photo I take specially on an iPhone 14 pro to make it look normal.

This happens with both front and back cameras.

Please let me know what else can I do to solve this problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 8:23 AM in response to lexOS1

None of the options provided in the answer above worked. I try all of them but the phone keeps doing the same.

Before I take the picture the colors and everything looks fine, but when I open it on photos it’s very sharpened, grainy and darker.

I don't want and I don't think I should need to edit every single photo I take specially on an iPhone 14 pro to make it look normal.

This happens with both front and back cameras.

Please let me know what else can I do to solve this problem.

Oct 11, 2022 6:53 AM in response to A05

Hi A05,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you would like to change the camera settings, here are steps to help:

1. Here's a link with steps to help you set up your shot: Use iPhone camera tools to set up your shot - Apple Support
  2. If you would like to adjust HDR camera settings, use the steps in this link: Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Here are steps to change advanced camera settings: Change advanced camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support
  4. Here are details of the features available: About the Camera features on your iPhone - Apple Support

Have a great day.

iPhone 14 Pro grainy photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.