Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen

My phone is working but the screen is black and I can't klick on something, what can I do? Nothing has happened, it was just laying here in the bed when I woke up.

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 9:39 PM

"Black screen: My phone is working but the screen is black and I can't klick on something, what can I do? Nothing has happened, it was just laying here in the bed when I woke up."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: when this all began. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessa
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2022 9:39 PM in response to leonora102

"Black screen: My phone is working but the screen is black and I can't klick on something, what can I do? Nothing has happened, it was just laying here in the bed when I woke up."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: when this all began. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessa

Black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.