Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to purchase an individual episode on the TV app in Catalina.

I have purchased individual episodes of the Walking Dead with ease on iTunes. Once that was done away with, it's been a hassle to do the same thing in the TV app. THANKS APPLE! ) :< I have been able to do so previously on TV, but for some reason I can't now. The only 2 choices I see are "Try it for free" which is a prelude to buying a subscription which I don't want to do, or buy the season, which I don't want to do - because I have already watched a bunch of episodes. Today is Oct. 11, 2022. The episode aired on the 9th, so I should be able to buy it. Someone please deliver me from this aggravation......

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 7:05 AM

If you have an iPhone or iPad, then you can use the iTunes Store app to make purchases in — very similar method to how it was before, instead making a transaction through the TV app.

The macOS user guide says that it should also still be possible to buy individual episodes through the TV app on Mac. Navigate to the show, then to the intended episode, then select Buy.

Get movies and TV shows from the Store in the Apple TV app on Mac - Apple Support

(I can’t test or screenshot this myself as iTunes Store TV shows are not available in my region.)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 7:05 AM in response to carlart

If you have an iPhone or iPad, then you can use the iTunes Store app to make purchases in — very similar method to how it was before, instead making a transaction through the TV app.

The macOS user guide says that it should also still be possible to buy individual episodes through the TV app on Mac. Navigate to the show, then to the intended episode, then select Buy.

Get movies and TV shows from the Store in the Apple TV app on Mac - Apple Support

(I can’t test or screenshot this myself as iTunes Store TV shows are not available in my region.)

Oct 12, 2022 9:52 AM in response to carlart

The old iTunes application shows that the second part of season 11 (ep. 17 and later; October and later) isn’t offered as individual episode through the iTunes Store at this time. While it’s fresh, AMC+ wants subscribers, and they’ll take a VOD Season Pass alternatively. That is specific to this season of this show, at this moment; not related to the Apple TV app. AMC may change that policy at a later time.

Oct 12, 2022 9:56 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks. I am sick and tired of corporate America with their take it or leave it attitude. The smarmy geniuses over there are just like everyone else, offering less and less options for customers, especially in light of the recession we are in. The first thing to go on the budget list are unessentials - you would think they'd act accordingly. AMC can **** up a rope.

I am trying to purchase an individual episode on the TV app in Catalina.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.