You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texting recipient problems

Why is my phone changing who receives certain texts, I am sending a text to one person, but that text changes to being sent to a completely different person after the text is sent? And the originally intended recipient isn’t receiving any texts from me

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 9:57 PM

Hi Pilot08

welcome to the Apple Community.

re: Why is my phone changing who receives certain texts

You can try restarting (turn off, turn on) your iPhone if it is not working as expected.

And

Try looking in your "contacts" to check if the phone / addresses of the two people concerned are actually correct there.

Else:

You might want to browse through this trouble-shooting Apple Support article to see if anything there helps you:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

__________________________________________________________________________________

Also: If you still need help:

You might want to have a look through your Message settings to check all is in order there.

Eg: An unwanted setting may have been accidentally changed / triggered.

eg: Settings > Messages > Send and Receive

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding

_________________________________________________________________________________-

If needed:

There is a "Get Support" link at the bottom of the Messages Support Team's Website (link below)

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2022 9:57 PM in response to Pilot08

Hi Pilot08

welcome to the Apple Community.

re: Why is my phone changing who receives certain texts

You can try restarting (turn off, turn on) your iPhone if it is not working as expected.

And

Try looking in your "contacts" to check if the phone / addresses of the two people concerned are actually correct there.

Else:

You might want to browse through this trouble-shooting Apple Support article to see if anything there helps you:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

__________________________________________________________________________________

Also: If you still need help:

You might want to have a look through your Message settings to check all is in order there.

Eg: An unwanted setting may have been accidentally changed / triggered.

eg: Settings > Messages > Send and Receive

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding

_________________________________________________________________________________-

If needed:

There is a "Get Support" link at the bottom of the Messages Support Team's Website (link below)

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Texting recipient problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.