Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 conversion

I downloaded a song from Apple Music and cannot convert it to an MP3 file. When I subscribed to Apple Music at no point I was informed I could not convert song files to MP3.

I appreciate in advance any help and guidance with this.

OCOC

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 11:55 AM

Songs that you obtain with an Apple Music subscription are copy-protected to play only on Apple approved devices for as long as you maintain your subscription and cannot be converted to other formats. You can still purchase music with or without an Apple Music subscription in which case you can convert them to other formats.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 11:55 AM in response to OCOC60

Songs that you obtain with an Apple Music subscription are copy-protected to play only on Apple approved devices for as long as you maintain your subscription and cannot be converted to other formats. You can still purchase music with or without an Apple Music subscription in which case you can convert them to other formats.

Oct 13, 2022 1:50 PM in response to OCOC60

The issue is that you are renting content from an Apple Music subscription. That content only works for you while the subscription remains active. If you could convert such rented tracks to DRM-free versions then you would be able to use them after terminating your subscription. Tracks that you rip from CD or purchase from the iTunes Store or other online music stores can be transcoded to new formats as you see fit.

tt2

MP3 conversion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.