Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to open Library from OneDrive folder (that is stored locally) I get error "This document cannot be opened from icloud Drive. Copy the document to a local, SAN, or supported SMB location, then try again."

My team uses onedrive to be able to share files and we have never had an issues. I went to open a final cut pro file that is in my onedrive folder which is also local on my computer and I got the error "This document cannot be opened from icloud Drive. Copy the document to a local, SAN, or supported SMB location, then try again." Like I said these files are local. They are not in an icloud folder, they are in a onedrive folder. Someone else posted this previously but there was no solve. This essentially renders final cut useless for my team as it is necessary that we all have access to each others files. Does anyone have a fix for this?

This was the previous thread When I try to open Library from OneDrive … - Apple Community

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 11:03 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 14, 2022 12:09 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

The whole point is that if I was working alone this wouldn't be an issue because I could move the files to a different folder. My team can't access everything on my computer so the files need to remain in a place where they can access them so we can collaborate hence why I need it to be able to work in the onedrive folder. I understand the the program assumes that it it a cloud folder, this is why I am asking if there is a way to solve this issue. Yes the folder syncs to the cloud but the files are local on my computer. It has worked fine for years until recently.

Oct 14, 2022 3:50 AM in response to encisoc

It depends what’s in the folder. Libraries? Media? Something else? You can move things back into the folder as you need to share. If it’s media you can keep a copy locally on the same drive in a different location without actually duplicating drive space.

You might want to investigate Hedge and Postlabs if you’re doing a large group collaboration.

When I try to open Library from OneDrive folder (that is stored locally) I get error "This document cannot be opened from icloud Drive. Copy the document to a local, SAN, or supported SMB location, then try again."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.