Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro 2G not showing on Find My

Hello! I've bought the new AirPods Pro 2nd Gen and they are working fine. However, there is a small problem. They show on the Find My app on my iPhone, but are missing on my MacBook. How can I add them to list of devices on my MacBook too? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 1:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:31 AM

Hi morceg@o!

I have exactly the same problem – AirPods Pro 2022 are showing in Find My on iPhone, on iCloud.com, but not on Macs.

That's odd, because AirPods Pro 1G were showing everywhere.

I have found a solution for iPhone, tried it with Mac, but it did't work for me:

Airpods Pro 2 not showing up in findmy - Apple Community

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2022 8:31 AM in response to morceg@o

Hi morceg@o!

I have exactly the same problem – AirPods Pro 2022 are showing in Find My on iPhone, on iCloud.com, but not on Macs.

That's odd, because AirPods Pro 1G were showing everywhere.

I have found a solution for iPhone, tried it with Mac, but it did't work for me:

Airpods Pro 2 not showing up in findmy - Apple Community

Oct 14, 2022 7:09 PM in response to morceg@o

morceg@o Said:

"AirPods Pro 2G not showing on Find My: Hello! I've bought the new AirPods Pro 2nd Gen and they are working fine. However, there is a small problem. They show on the Find My app on my iPhone, but are missing on my MacBook. How can I add them to list of devices on my MacBook too? Thanks!"

-------

About AirPods and Find My:

If Find My was enabled with these, then note that the local shown is based off of the last time the device they were connected to that itself was connected to the internet. This is because AirPods are not assigned their own IP Address.

Oct 15, 2022 4:31 PM in response to morceg@o

morceg@o Said:

"AirPods Pro 2G not showing on Find My: Thank you for the reply. That's odd, because both devices and the AirPods are within the same LAN. There is something strange going on."

-------

You are welcome.

To Clarify:

Being on the LAN play no role on the AirPods part. All you are seeing is the location of the device these are synced with.

Oct 23, 2022 8:33 AM in response to Andrey Beletskiy

BTW

"‌iPadOS 16‌ and ‌macOS Ventura‌ pages on Apple's website confirm that both software updates will be released in October. On a related note, Apple says new AirPods Pro features such as Personalized Spatial Audio profiles and Find My support for the charging case will be available when ‌iPadOS 16‌ and ‌macOS Ventura‌ are released in October."

This is the article: https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/07/ipados-16-macos-ventura-october/

Oct 26, 2022 5:30 AM in response to Andrey Beletskiy

Yesterday, I went to an authorized service point, as it was already scheduled. They told me they could do nothing to help me, as the new AirPods Pro 2G have not yet been officially released in Brazil (I've bought them in Germany two weeks ago).

However, today I followed you advice and upgraded my MacBook to Ventura. My AirPods are now showing on Find My!

Thank you very much for the help!

AirPods Pro 2G not showing on Find My

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.