Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App still has access despite being blocked in Privacy Settings

I'm trying to block DaVinci Resolve from having access to my 'Documents' Folder. Whenever I load resolve, it creates a pointless empty 'Blackmagic Design' folder in documents and this is messing up my filing system. I understand that it is not possible to stop the program from doing this within its own settings.

But this should be possible in MacOS.

I've gone to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Files and folders and unticked 'Documents' Under DaVinci Resolve to disallow it - And even though it now shouldn't have access, it still creates the folder every time I load it.

Any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 7:52 AM

Did you restart your mac after doing that change?

I do not use DaVinci Resolve, but I guess this folder is used for something - is there any reference to what the application uses it for, and what happens if it can't? Maybe also this can be changed in DaVinci Resolve, to use some other location that does not bother you.

And sorry, but I have to ask: why is that folder such a big deal? You could easily keep it there and make it invisible.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 7:52 AM in response to Captain_Cashmoney

Did you restart your mac after doing that change?

I do not use DaVinci Resolve, but I guess this folder is used for something - is there any reference to what the application uses it for, and what happens if it can't? Maybe also this can be changed in DaVinci Resolve, to use some other location that does not bother you.

And sorry, but I have to ask: why is that folder such a big deal? You could easily keep it there and make it invisible.

App still has access despite being blocked in Privacy Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.