Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone was removed from my devices list

My phone13 PRO is stolen when I was visiting Turkey. I reported to the police, they didNT want to do anything. I was able to see my phone through find my iPhone. Then after a couple of hours my phone removed from devices list. why Is this? and how come they can do this or how come they can use the phone with this imei?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 10:26 AM

They should not have been able to, unless you somehow gave them access to your account.

Did you receive an SMS message instructing you to log in somewhere with your Apple ID by any chance? And then did that? If so, you gave them your password, and they were able to access your account and remove the iPhone from it. You should now change your password.

Consider that iPhone gone for ever.

Also, posting the serial and IMEI numbers in a public forum is never a good idea, they will be removed shortly by the hosts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 10:26 AM in response to cennele

They should not have been able to, unless you somehow gave them access to your account.

Did you receive an SMS message instructing you to log in somewhere with your Apple ID by any chance? And then did that? If so, you gave them your password, and they were able to access your account and remove the iPhone from it. You should now change your password.

Consider that iPhone gone for ever.

Also, posting the serial and IMEI numbers in a public forum is never a good idea, they will be removed shortly by the hosts.

Stolen iPhone was removed from my devices list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.