Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer volume automatically changes

Device I’m using is iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS version 16.0.2.

I have recently had a lot of issues with missing alarms and not hearing the call volume at its max level ever since I purchased the 13 Pro Max.

The issue isn’t the phone as I returned my phone and had it replaced (different story) but it might be the operating system itself.

Several times my alarm clock made no sound and that was very odd. When I went to Settings -> Sound and Haptics, I saw that my volume was set to zero even though I had never changed it before. So I changed it to max volume and hoped for the best.

My alarm worked well several days in a row but then I wanted to switch off vibrate on silent and as I was doing that, I noticed that the volume of my ringer was around the same as when you purchase a new iPhone. It was around 67%.

Again, this was weird because I had set it to max a couple of days ago but now it had reduced automatically. I changed it back to max and now every few hours or days (I’m not sure because I don’t often check the sound settings), I see that the volume of the ringer has reduced to default settings.

My Change with Buttons option is off and so I know it doesn’t change because of an error on my side, so my conclusion is there’s a bug.

Can Apple iOS team please solve this frustrating issue with the automatic changes in volume. Either it goes to default volume (~67%) or it goes to 0. This has caused me to be late several times and I hate the fact that such a high end phone is being this buggy.

Please fix this, or if there’s a solution please let me know how to fix it myself. Thanks.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 12:59 PM

Settings, Accessibility, Face ID & Attention

Turn off Attention-aware features and see if it behaves more like you expect.

Similar questions

2 replies

Ringer volume automatically changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.