Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone drops wifi

iPhone X with latest system installed constantly loses wifi. This doesn’t happen on my iPad. I have to turn wifi off and then back on for it to pick up the signal again. It doesn’t matter if I’m at home or elsewhere.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 1:35 PM

Does it happen when you are using the phone, or when it is asleep? The phone shuts off Wi-Fi when sleeping to preserve battery energy. If it shuts down when the screen is on that is not normal. Start by going to Settings/General/Transfer or Reset Phone/Reset/Reset Network Settings. You will have to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords, but won’t lose any other data.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 1:35 PM in response to jacksonjumich

Does it happen when you are using the phone, or when it is asleep? The phone shuts off Wi-Fi when sleeping to preserve battery energy. If it shuts down when the screen is on that is not normal. Start by going to Settings/General/Transfer or Reset Phone/Reset/Reset Network Settings. You will have to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords, but won’t lose any other data.

Oct 17, 2022 7:41 AM in response to jacksonjumich

There are a couple of things having nothing to do with your phone that can cause this. Here’s one→Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support. But if it happens on multiple Wi-Fi networks that aren’t near each other arrange to have your phone checked by Apple→Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iphone drops wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.