Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail auto-forwarding with attachments?

I receive a number of emails/day with reports as attachments that I need to forward to some colleagues. I'm able to set up rules for forwarding the emails automatically but the attachments don't follow the email. Anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 11:19 AM

1. If the original message contains attachments, decide whether to include them:
    • Include attachments: Click the Include Attachment button  in the toolbar of the message window or choose Edit > Attachments > Include Original Attachments in Reply.
    • Exclude attachments: Click the Exclude Attachment button  in the toolbar of the message window or choose Message > Remove Attachments.
    • Choose attachments settings for all replies: Choose Edit > Include Attachments With Replies, then select an option.

Reply to or forward emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support (IS)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 11:19 AM in response to RGOttawa

1. If the original message contains attachments, decide whether to include them:
    • Include attachments: Click the Include Attachment button  in the toolbar of the message window or choose Edit > Attachments > Include Original Attachments in Reply.
    • Exclude attachments: Click the Exclude Attachment button  in the toolbar of the message window or choose Message > Remove Attachments.
    • Choose attachments settings for all replies: Choose Edit > Include Attachments With Replies, then select an option.

Reply to or forward emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support (IS)

Mail auto-forwarding with attachments?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.