Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't turn off "Ask to Buy".

My daughter turned 18 so "ask to buy" no longer shows up under Family Sharing for me to turn off but it still pops up on my daughters phone whenever she tries to buy something. I no longer get the notification to approve so she can't buy anything unless I physically approve on her phone with my log in info which is a real pain.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 2:02 PM

Hey tanya21045,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having an issue disabling Ask to Buy. It should still be available for you to turn off even after your child turns 18. To do so, follow these steps:

How to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy
If you're a parent or guardian, use your own device to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap Family Sharing.
4. Tap Ask to Buy.

Settings on iPhone showing Ask to Buy enabled for Marisa, Jesse, and Madi.
5. Tap your family member's name.
6. Use the toggle to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy.

All this and more is outlined here: Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

If that doesn't help out, contact Apple Support using this link: Get Support

Take care!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 2:02 PM in response to tanya21045

Hey tanya21045,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having an issue disabling Ask to Buy. It should still be available for you to turn off even after your child turns 18. To do so, follow these steps:

How to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy
If you're a parent or guardian, use your own device to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap Family Sharing.
4. Tap Ask to Buy.

Settings on iPhone showing Ask to Buy enabled for Marisa, Jesse, and Madi.
5. Tap your family member's name.
6. Use the toggle to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy.

All this and more is outlined here: Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

If that doesn't help out, contact Apple Support using this link: Get Support

Take care!

I can't turn off "Ask to Buy".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.