Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie purchase

I just purchased Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie on my iPhone for my son. However he can’t watch it on his smart tv. That was the whole reason for me purchasing the movie. It just doesn’t show up in the movie catalog in the Apple TV app on his smart tv. Why is that?

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 1:06 AM

1. What is that model smart TV? List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple.
  2. Is the app listed there as “Apple TV app” or “Apple TV+ app”? The latter would have only Apple TV+ content, not Store/​Library content. For the differences, also see: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support.
  3. Verify that you are signed in there with the matching account as for the purchase, or with an account in the same Family Sharing group with the Purchase Sharing option active.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 1:06 AM in response to chelle_dreams

1. What is that model smart TV? List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple.
  2. Is the app listed there as “Apple TV app” or “Apple TV+ app”? The latter would have only Apple TV+ content, not Store/​Library content. For the differences, also see: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support.
  3. Verify that you are signed in there with the matching account as for the purchase, or with an account in the same Family Sharing group with the Purchase Sharing option active.

Oct 16, 2022 9:14 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I have an LG I don’t exactly know the model number right now but it’s a newer one. At the time it only showed Apple TV+, search and the settings at the top. I don’t know what happened overnight but right now it’s showing “Watch Now, Apple TV+, Store, Library, search and settings” which is awesome! Now I can watch the movies I purchased. Thank you so much for trying to help.

Movie purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.