Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually advancing photo screensaver?

I'm Currently on Mac 12.1 on a M1 Mac Mini 2020. I connect this mini to my living room TV and during the holidays, i put on the photo screensaver filled with all family memories (while playing holiday music on the music app). I've been doing this for years and it's always a big hit. EXCEPT: when people are sitting down, someone misses a picture and wants to see it again. On my old Mac Mini (mid 2011 running 10.13.6) i could use the left/right arrow keys to rewind/fastforward the photos. Now using those arrows wakes the computer from the screensaver. I know this is remarkably small, but it's incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know a workaround or another photo-screensaver app that can be used?

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 9:26 AM

Apple has changed the Screen Saver functionality in macOS Monterey from what it allowed in macOS High Sierra. There is no means to manually advance to the next or previous image in the Screen Saver now.

Also, you want to apply the macOS 12.6 update while you can from Software Update before that facility only shows macOS Ventura, and you have to take extra measures to get Monterey 12.6 afterward.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 9:26 AM in response to Tatetastic

Apple has changed the Screen Saver functionality in macOS Monterey from what it allowed in macOS High Sierra. There is no means to manually advance to the next or previous image in the Screen Saver now.

Also, you want to apply the macOS 12.6 update while you can from Software Update before that facility only shows macOS Ventura, and you have to take extra measures to get Monterey 12.6 afterward.

Manually advancing photo screensaver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.