Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search in Calendar on macOS Monterey 12.2

Search seems stuck on only searching 'today' and still can't find en event that I can see, plain as can be. It used to be that I could find all events of the same name running back over the months and I found this very useful. I cannot find anyplace I can adjust 'search' settings - am I hunting for a needle in a haystack or could it be that the 'search' function has been altered in some way? Is this a bug or a feature?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 11:49 AM

Hi ajl49,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! You should be able to search for an event by name or key words to locate it. Let's troubleshoot to see if we can get this back up and running. Since noticing this, has your Mac been restarted? Restarting your device can help resolve several unexpected issues we may face.

To restart go to the Apple menu (  ) > Restart.

Check out: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Also, you mentioned running macOS 12.2. The latest version of the macOS is currently 12.6. We'd recommend updating to confirm you experience the same results.

1. Go to the Apple menu (  ) > System Preferences
  2. Tap Software Update
  3. Tap Update Now

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 11:49 AM in response to ajl49

Hi ajl49,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! You should be able to search for an event by name or key words to locate it. Let's troubleshoot to see if we can get this back up and running. Since noticing this, has your Mac been restarted? Restarting your device can help resolve several unexpected issues we may face.

To restart go to the Apple menu (  ) > Restart.

Check out: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Also, you mentioned running macOS 12.2. The latest version of the macOS is currently 12.6. We'd recommend updating to confirm you experience the same results.

1. Go to the Apple menu (  ) > System Preferences
  2. Tap Software Update
  3. Tap Update Now

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Hope that helps!

Oct 19, 2022 4:32 PM in response to Trish313

I've been searching this topic as I have the same problem, and none of the suggestions produce a solution. I am on Monterey 12.6 on a 2019 Mac Pro. I've also tried the Safe Mode solution as well as the System Preferences > Spotlight > Events & Reminders advice. None are producing results. This problem isn't occurring on my 2010 Mac Pro, iPad Pro, iPhone or 2018 Mac Mini.

Search in Calendar on macOS Monterey 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.