Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey 12.6 - Unable to get printer status for UTAX P-5030DN

Hi,

I'm not able to print anything on my printer UTAX P-5030DN.

I used DCHP reservation to set it to IP 10.0.1.14 And I'm able to successfully open the config page on the browser.

• The problem is that I can not add it normaly to the Printers & Scanners in System Preferences
  • I'm getting this error.

• I can add it manualy though trough the IP and appers to be connected with green status. Even shows the Supply Levels.
  • When I try to print I get "Unable to get printer status"
  • I verify this on CUPS.org config page on my browser at http://localhost:631

Any idea what is going on.

I have a second printer that works flawless.

*I had to remove the screenshots as they supposed to be not permitted

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 11:38 AM

Hi,

A TA Triumph-Adler/UTAX P-5030DN is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without the need for additional drivers/software, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections. For the P-5030DN, the connection would be via Ethernet to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router.

Have you tried AirPrint (not to be confused with wireless printing in general)?

If you are using AirPrint, and there is a problem, you could try the following full procedure (in this order, with these waiting times):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2022 11:38 AM in response to _Slavi_

Hi,

A TA Triumph-Adler/UTAX P-5030DN is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without the need for additional drivers/software, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections. For the P-5030DN, the connection would be via Ethernet to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router.

Have you tried AirPrint (not to be confused with wireless printing in general)?

If you are using AirPrint, and there is a problem, you could try the following full procedure (in this order, with these waiting times):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

MacOS Monterey 12.6 - Unable to get printer status for UTAX P-5030DN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.