Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 10.7.4. and Big Sur

Is it available to install Logic 10.7.4 in Big Sur?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 9:49 AM

Yes, absolutely. I have 3 different versions on my main machine.

What I do is make a copy of my current Logic. Lets say yours is Logic 10.4.8, I then rename that COPY (the copy can be on the Desktop, on a backup drive etc) to 'Logic_10_4_8'

Then I update the version that's sitting in the Applications folder (as that's completely unchanged and has the original default name), so it'll go to 10.7.x but the name will be unchanged.

Then copy your backed up Logic10_4_8 back into the Applications folder and it'll happily sit next to the current version. Just run the version you want to use.

I have all the versions on backup drives going right back to Logic 8.

The only caveat to this is that Logic 10.4.8 can run under Big Sur, and I don't know if it can. If you're already running it under Big Sur then you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 9:49 AM in response to resopmoc

Yes, absolutely. I have 3 different versions on my main machine.

What I do is make a copy of my current Logic. Lets say yours is Logic 10.4.8, I then rename that COPY (the copy can be on the Desktop, on a backup drive etc) to 'Logic_10_4_8'

Then I update the version that's sitting in the Applications folder (as that's completely unchanged and has the original default name), so it'll go to 10.7.x but the name will be unchanged.

Then copy your backed up Logic10_4_8 back into the Applications folder and it'll happily sit next to the current version. Just run the version you want to use.

I have all the versions on backup drives going right back to Logic 8.

The only caveat to this is that Logic 10.4.8 can run under Big Sur, and I don't know if it can. If you're already running it under Big Sur then you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

Oct 18, 2022 12:17 PM in response to resopmoc

In your example you had changed lower version by copying it, went to upgrade after which came back to lower version and return it's original number. I hope I had really understood your idea.

My issue is that I had already Logic 10.7.4. As I get the situation right, I have to delete 10.7.4 and follow then your scenario.

Am I right?

Oct 18, 2022 12:37 PM in response to resopmoc

You have to already have the lower version somewhere. Either on a backup, or making a backup before updating.

Before I do an update of Logic I will make sure I make a copy of my current version so that I can go back in seconds if needs be.

If Logic updates and you haven't made or got a copy of the older version it's very hard to get hold of that older version again.

That's why when I make a backup before updating, I rename the backed up Logic with the version number.

The Logic in the Applications folder with the default name will always get updated when you hit update. I never have auto update turned on for this reason.

Logic Pro 10.7.4. and Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.