Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey: Mail>sent mail folder: How do I display recipients in the main window?

MacOS Monterey: Mail>sent mail folder: How do I display recipients in the main window?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 7:59 AM

Collumn View. Is that what you mean? There is a column for: Flag, Paper clip ( attachment), a blue to if not read, From ( always me! who needs that?! — this is the "sent Mail" box), Subject, Date received, Size...

But no "To" like there is a "From" in the inbox column view. Also: Where is "date sent"?

> BTW: How does Mail know when the recipient has received an email? dont you have to send it in a special format ( like a certified letter) to get confirmation of receipt?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2022 7:59 AM in response to Old Toad

Collumn View. Is that what you mean? There is a column for: Flag, Paper clip ( attachment), a blue to if not read, From ( always me! who needs that?! — this is the "sent Mail" box), Subject, Date received, Size...

But no "To" like there is a "From" in the inbox column view. Also: Where is "date sent"?

> BTW: How does Mail know when the recipient has received an email? dont you have to send it in a special format ( like a certified letter) to get confirmation of receipt?

Oct 20, 2022 8:11 AM in response to Andy6174

Q - BTW: How does Mail know when the recipient has received an email? dont you have to send it in a special format ( like a certified letter) to get confirmation of receipt? "

A - AFAIK there has never been a Feature like that in Apple Mail and this goes back to around 2004 - 2005 with OSX 10.4 Tiger .

A - Beside that, if I were to receive a " Request of Receipt " for an e-mail I would not confirm that. It no bodies business if I Receive or Read an e-mail

A- If the information. is that important to the Sender - Messages Application does provide the Send Receipt Function or better still Call on the Phone and discuss the Importance of the e-mail

Oct 20, 2022 8:23 AM in response to Andy6174

I don't know why your Sent folders aren't switching to To like everyone else's. I don't know of a setting, but maybe somewhere.

You can ctrl-click on the column headers and add/subtract whatever columns you want.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.