Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double click no longer working on Series 5 watch

My debit card no longer shows on double click. Up till this point it has worked flawlessly for over 2 years

Things I have tried so far.

Deleted and re-added the card on iwatch

Deleted and re-added card on iphone AND then iwatch

Removed card from both devices, unpaired iwatch and set up watch as a reinstall

Removed card from both devices, unpaired watch and set up watch as a brand new device then added card back to iphone and then watch.

With the last 2 things I tried the card appeared on double click till I went out later, then suddenly it no longer appeared.

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 3:06 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 21, 2022 3:09 PM in response to Pippymint

Hi Pippymint,

We assume you're referring to using Apple Pay. If so, you'll need to make sure all the requirements outlined are met:

"Add a card to Apple Watch with your iPhone

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
  3. If you have cards on your other Apple devices, or cards that you recently removed, tap Add next to a card you want to add, then enter the card’s CVV.
  4. For any other card, tap Add Card, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Your card issuer may require additional steps to verify your identity.

The Wallet & Apple Pay screen in the Apple Watch app on iPhone. The screen shows cards added to Apple Watch, the card you’ve chosen to use for express transit, and transaction defaults settings.

Add a card on Apple Watch

You can add Apple Account, credit, debit, and transit cards, right on Apple Watch.

1. Open the Wallet app  on your Apple Watch.
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap Add Card.
  3. Choose Apple Account, Debit or Credit Card, or Transit Card; then follow the onscreen instructions.

For more information about Apple Account, see the iPhone User Guide (link to come).

Choose your default card

2. Tap My Watch, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, tap Default Card, then select the card.

Reorder payment cards

Open the Wallet app  on your Apple Watch, touch and hold a card, then drag it to a new position.

On a managed Apple Watch, you can touch and drag both payment cards and passes.

Remove a card from Apple Pay

2. Tap to select a card.
  3. Scroll down, then tap Remove.

You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, tap the card, then tap Remove Card.

Find the Device Account Number for a card

When you make a payment with your Apple Watch, the Device Account Number of the card is sent with the payment to the merchant. To find the last four digits of this number, follow these steps: 

2. Tap to select a card, then tap Card Information.

Note: If you select an Apple Card, you must enter your Apple Watch passcode before you can see the card details.

You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap the card.

Change your default transaction details

You can change your in-app transaction details—including default card, shipping address, email, and phone number.

2. Tap My Watch, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then scroll down to show Transaction Defaults.
  3. Tap an item to edit it."

Set up Apple Pay on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you've done that and still have issues, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly for further assistance: Get Support

Kind regards.

Oct 22, 2022 1:42 AM in response to Pippymint

Solved my own problem. After turning off and in some settings I had an ls pass that wouldn’t hide even when I set old ones to be hidden. So decided to open wallet app from main phone. When I did I got an error “Restrictions enabled” so I then searched setting for restrictions. Under apps enabled, wallet and many other apps were disabled. So it seems with the new update some restrictions had been added. So make sure wallet is enabled under allowed apps. Double clicked worked immediately on my watch after I changed this setting to on

Double click no longer working on Series 5 watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.