Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Siri no longer confirm text messages before sending them with iOS 16.0

Siri used to repeat what I said before sending my text message, or when adding number to get a sum, now she just says, "Send it?" without repeating what I said so I know it was correct. With math, she just whips out the answer like she's a genius, but I don't know if she input exactly what I said or not unless I look at the screen.

It was not like this with earlier iOS versions. All I want to know at this time is if this is normal, and the way iOS 16 is.

If you have iOS 16, did Siri stop confirming what you said before sending a text? or adding numbers?

(She does repeat the first set of numbers I give her when summing, but not thereafter)

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 1:47 PM

I was afraid I might hear something like this. I must be of a minority here. How do I know Siri got what I said correct without looking at the screen? Or should I be correcting common misunderstood words and phrases made by Siri in the dictation/pronunciation app hoping for no errors before sending?

3 replies

Does Siri no longer confirm text messages before sending them with iOS 16.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.