Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to update the watch I was given but I am unable to. It just sits on my phone saying preparing it’s been over 12 hours. There is no watch app on my phone. My phone has the latest update what else can I do

I was given an Apple Watch that I’m trying to set up. It states it needs an update. I have been trying to update. My phone has the latest version. The app just says it’s preparing. It’s been over 12 hours. I can not open the app to do anything. The watch won’t let me do anything until I update it. How else can I do this

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 9:18 PM

See if the advice given in this discussion thread on a similar situation can help:

Apple Watch update stuck on preparing - Apple Community

1 reply

I’m trying to update the watch I was given but I am unable to. It just sits on my phone saying preparing it’s been over 12 hours. There is no watch app on my phone. My phone has the latest update what else can I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.