Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my MacBook Air to print on my HP Deskjet 3054 printer?

I have connected my MacBook Air to my HP Deskjet 3054 printer with a cable. The response from the printer indicates that the MacBook recognizes the printer, indicates that the printer is online and idle, is the default printer, but it will not print the text. Why not? What do I do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 9:01 AM

Hi,

The printer drivers for this model from the HP support site appear to be for very old Mac operating system versions.

Any information about the macOS version on the MacBook Air? What kind of printer driver are you using?

If necessary, you could perhaps try the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update package download from Apple instead (despite the system requirements limitation). Look upon this as an experiment. This may or may not work with your printer. Look for something like the HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series version 2.3.2 driver listed in the referenced article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

You may have to reset the printing system (link below) between tests.

If there is a problem with USB, you may want to test a wireless connection via a Wi-Fi router instead.

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything. Software conflicts can never be ruled out.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 9:01 AM in response to fjonesgk

Hi,

The printer drivers for this model from the HP support site appear to be for very old Mac operating system versions.

Any information about the macOS version on the MacBook Air? What kind of printer driver are you using?

If necessary, you could perhaps try the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update package download from Apple instead (despite the system requirements limitation). Look upon this as an experiment. This may or may not work with your printer. Look for something like the HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series version 2.3.2 driver listed in the referenced article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

You may have to reset the printing system (link below) between tests.

If there is a problem with USB, you may want to test a wireless connection via a Wi-Fi router instead.

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything. Software conflicts can never be ruled out.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

How can I get my MacBook Air to print on my HP Deskjet 3054 printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.