Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter Malfunctioning

I’m currently having issues with the Apple-brand USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter connected to my 2020 MacBook Air M1. The adapter displays video just fine, but as soon as I select my display as the audio output on my MacBook, video is fast-forwarded, and the video playback time is set to some seemingly arbitrary, very large figure (I.e. 511:13:30:41/5:12). This makes the audio transfer feature of HDMI unusable.

I have tried this on several displays, and I have updated my MacBook to no avail.

This adapter was purchased from an apple approved retailer.

There is seemingly no support for apple adapters, otherwise I would be using that avenue. This is by no means a cheap adapter, and I don’t merely want to throw it away and hope that a new one would work correctly.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 5:00 PM

Edit: I stand corrected. The most recent MacOS update, (Monterey 12.6), appears to have solved this problem and both audio transfer and video transfer are working properly using the same hardware as before.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter Malfunctioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.