Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have both MBP-2010 & 12 running Hi Sierra. Any tips on how to Install a newer OS to keep them reasonably current a few years more. I like all the Ports and being able to change the Battery, SSD & RAM myself. So efficient & functional👍

Any tips on how to Install new OS on 2010& 12 MBPs? Both are running Hi Sierra fine.

I like all the Ports and being able to change the Battery, SSD & RAM myself. So efficient & functional👍

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 8:46 PM

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support includes instructions for upgrading older Macs.

A 2012 model MacBook Pro can be upgraded to macOS version 10.15.7 "Catalina". Your 2010 model is already running the latest macOS version for it.

1 reply

I have both MBP-2010 & 12 running Hi Sierra. Any tips on how to Install a newer OS to keep them reasonably current a few years more. I like all the Ports and being able to change the Battery, SSD & RAM myself. So efficient & functional👍

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.