Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey 12.6 printing problem

I have a Brother DCP-L2530DW printer that has worked fine until I updated my software to Monterey 12.6 last night.

The printer is working on my other Mac (12.5) and my PC.

The error message was something like "Cannot contact printer"

So I deleted the printer and tried to add it back. It will not let me. Below are some of the error messages.

I have:

• Turned the Mac on and off
  • Turned the Modem on and off
  • Turned the printer on and off

Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 5:03 AM

lara9209 wrote:

I have a Brother DCP-L2530DW printer that has worked fine until I updated my software to Monterey 12.6 last night.

So I deleted the printer and tried to add it back. It will not let me. Below are some of the error messages.

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

OS Compatibility | Brother

Brother Technical Support & Contact Information

Brother Solutions Center: United States

Contact Us | Brother Mobile Solutions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 5:03 AM in response to lara9209

lara9209 wrote:

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

OS Compatibility | Brother

Brother Technical Support & Contact Information

Brother Solutions Center: United States

Contact Us | Brother Mobile Solutions

Oct 23, 2022 9:31 AM in response to lara9209

Hi,

A Brother DCP-L2530DW is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without the need for additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If you are using AirPrint, and there is a problem, you could again try to power cycle, now using the following full procedure (in this order, with these waiting times):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Monterey 12.6 printing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.