Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 7 (15.6.1) repeatedly lose wi-fi connection?

In the past week, my iPhone has been repeatedly "unable to connect with wi-fi," even though it is connected to my network in settings and even though my network works on other devices, such as my Macbook. I've reset the Network Settings successfully a number of times but the phone drops the connection almost every day and I have to repeat the process. Can anyone tell me why this is probably happening? Thanks!

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 3:43 AM

·      On iphone Settings, General, Transfer iphone or reset, reset, reset network settings (already done you say)

·      Reset the router to factory settings (menu or paper clip) even though other devices still work ok!

·      If you have a VPN you are strongly recommended to uninstall it and its profile in Settings, General, VPN and device management 

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful if your phone will not connect to WiFi

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 3:43 AM in response to Turtlewiz

·      On iphone Settings, General, Transfer iphone or reset, reset, reset network settings (already done you say)

·      Reset the router to factory settings (menu or paper clip) even though other devices still work ok!

·      If you have a VPN you are strongly recommended to uninstall it and its profile in Settings, General, VPN and device management 

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful if your phone will not connect to WiFi

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)

Why does my iPhone 7 (15.6.1) repeatedly lose wi-fi connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.