Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone says sim not supported after reset

I’ve been trying to set up my iPhone after I reset it and now it kept saying sim not supported, I’m broken cuz I can’t use my phone for almost 2 months now

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:18 AM

2 replies

Oct 23, 2022 8:22 AM in response to Okafor7

Okafor7 wrote:

I’ve been trying to set up my iPhone after I reset it and now it kept saying sim not supported, I’m broken cuz I can’t use my phone for almost 2 months now

Per Apple: The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store.

SIM not supported usually means the iPhone was purchased with a subsidy and is carrier locked.

You’ll need to use the same carrier holding the lock, or convince the carrier to unlock the iPhone.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

iPhone says sim not supported after reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.