Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a 5.99 charge from Apple but there is no charge listed on any of my account in this amount. How do I request a refund ?

I was charged 5.99 from Apple and have reviewed all purchases yet nothing matches this amount. It is impossible to request a refund under reportaproblem as you must select a product for which you want a refund. How do I get this charge reversed or find out what it was for?

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 3:27 PM

Lfereria,

Yup, "reportaproblem" won't work if the item is not in your history.

First determine if it is a real charge on your account, or just a scam phishing message trying to scare you. Phishing messages falsely claiming that you have a charge from Apple are unfortunately very common.

But if it is a real charge on your account, follow the steps in here:

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 3:27 PM in response to lfereria

Lfereria,

Yup, "reportaproblem" won't work if the item is not in your history.

First determine if it is a real charge on your account, or just a scam phishing message trying to scare you. Phishing messages falsely claiming that you have a charge from Apple are unfortunately very common.

But if it is a real charge on your account, follow the steps in here:

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

Oct 23, 2022 2:02 PM in response to lfereria

If you see an unexpected charge: 

You can request a refund* for a purchase that you don't recognize, but you must pay for the purchase first. You can also cancel a subscription if you don't want to continue it.

*You must request the refund within the refund period.

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

OR

Sure you have received an invoice from Apple.

Tap on Report a problem on the invoice.

There is a 5.99 charge from Apple but there is no charge listed on any of my account in this amount. How do I request a refund ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.