Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad external display

I’ve updated my IPad M1 to ipad OS16 and tried to connect it to my monitor. Tried two different monitors a usb-c to HDMI dongle. Also tried a HP thunderbolt docking and tried a usb-c/HDMI cable. Nothing works… Anyone knows why?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 9:49 AM

Exactly same thing here with my iPad Air 4th gen! Screen mirroring to my TV (using an USB-C to HDMI adapter) stopped working right after updating to iPadOS 16.1.

I even tried restoring my iPad to factory settings but it didn’t work either.

Hope this is fixed in the next iPadOS version release.

16 replies

Oct 27, 2022 3:43 PM in response to Mariutz

There appears to be more and more Apple Support community postings on this issue.

Apparently, there is a problem with all Apple HDMI video adapters on iPadOS 16.1.

Hopefully, Apple will, soon, fix this issue, in a future iPadOS 16 update.

In the meantime, you can post unacknowledged iPad/iPadOS feedback, on this issue, with Apple by tapping the link below.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Nov 1, 2022 2:26 PM in response to GR1964

Apple has not, as yet, officially added external monitor support to the new iPadOS 16 Stage Manager feature.

Look for Apple to, officially, release the extended monitor support, to the iPadOS 16 Stage Manager feature, in a future iPadOS 16 update.

Sorry

As far as your black bars go, this maybe an issues with Apple's video adapters and iPadOS 16.

iPad external display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.