Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i turn off the ask to buy thing on my child’s newest iphone?

i just turned 18 and my parents and i are trying to take off the parental controls on my phone specifically the “ask to buy” thing and we can’t figure it out- i have the iphone that came out last year (2021) whichever model that is. i would appreciate any tips y’all have😌

iPhone 14

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 10:05 PM

Ask to Buy will need to be turned OFF on the Family Organizer’s iPhone.

On the Family Organizer’s iPhone (Your Mom or Dad), open Settings ➡️ Under Apple ID, Choose Family ➡️ Tap on Family Member’s Name (Your Name) ➡️ Tap on Ask To Buy and turn it OFF.

NOTE: If there is an ADULT designation under your name, then Ask to Buy will not appear.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 10:05 PM in response to mallia32

Ask to Buy will need to be turned OFF on the Family Organizer’s iPhone.

On the Family Organizer’s iPhone (Your Mom or Dad), open Settings ➡️ Under Apple ID, Choose Family ➡️ Tap on Family Member’s Name (Your Name) ➡️ Tap on Ask To Buy and turn it OFF.

NOTE: If there is an ADULT designation under your name, then Ask to Buy will not appear.

Axel F.

how do i turn off the ask to buy thing on my child’s newest iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.