You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does macOS Ventura Consume More Resources Than Monterey?

I've just upgraded my MacBook Pro 16 M1 Max to macOS Ventura, but I've noticed that my laptop fan turns on a little without doing any intensive work. Previously with Monterey installed there was no fan noise at all.

It is indeed a very minor difference but it just gets me curious whether a newer system will consume more resources that may heat up my laptop a bit more

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 12:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 2:51 AM

Mac OS Ventura is no longer in beta, but is an official release. It has no more bugs or other issues than any other released version of the OS. Often, though, installing a new OS can trigger system events like a rebuild of the Spotlight database or others database events. So, for the first few days you may see a small performance hit.

Activity Monitor, in your Applications/Utilities folder, will tell you what is using energy on your machine. Click on the CPU tab to see what's the busiest processes on your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2022 2:51 AM in response to 宇-

Mac OS Ventura is no longer in beta, but is an official release. It has no more bugs or other issues than any other released version of the OS. Often, though, installing a new OS can trigger system events like a rebuild of the Spotlight database or others database events. So, for the first few days you may see a small performance hit.

Activity Monitor, in your Applications/Utilities folder, will tell you what is using energy on your machine. Click on the CPU tab to see what's the busiest processes on your Mac.

Does macOS Ventura Consume More Resources Than Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.