Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay works but phone won’t scan an NFC (freestyle libre - medical device)

I use my phone as a medical device to check my blood sugars (diabetes) - the Freestyle libre device uses NFC - I scan it and it tells me my blood sugars.

I’ve used my phone (iPhone SE) for this for over a year with no ottomans but the other day it suddenly just won’t scan. The sensors work as I’ve used a separate reader to check them. I’ve restarted my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app, cleared the data and even fully wiped and rebooted my phone and it still doesn’t work.

if the NFC is broken (I’ve tried it in something else too and it doesn’t read) why does apple pay still work in the shops???

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 1:09 AM

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

As this is a possible health issue  I want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your iphone.  I recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here

Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 1:09 AM in response to Loulousw16

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

As this is a possible health issue  I want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your iphone.  I recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here

Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Apple Pay works but phone won’t scan an NFC (freestyle libre - medical device)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.