Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura and audio output

After installing MacOS Ventura it is no longer possible to switch the sound output between the monitor (LG Ultrafine 5K) and an external sound source connected via HDMI-cable (in my case this is a Hi-Fi receiver Marantz).

In previous version of MacOS switching between different devices worked correctly.

Ventura: if you connect a HDMI cable, the ability to output sound to the monitor disappears. I have to reboot the MacMini to restore the sound output to the monitor.

What can be the problem?

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 9:28 AM

1 reply

Oct 27, 2022 11:02 AM in response to Dima_Bo

Dima_Bo wrote:

After installing MacOS Ventura it is no longer possible to switch the sound output between the monitor (LG Ultrafine 5K) and an external sound source connected via HDMI-cable (in my case this is a Hi-Fi receiver Marantz).

In previous version of MacOS switching between different devices worked correctly.

Ventura: if you connect a HDMI cable, the ability to output sound to the monitor disappears. I have to reboot the MacMini to restore the sound output to the monitor.

What can be the problem?

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Ventura and audio output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.