Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

STRANGE COPY & PASTE PROBLEM ON M1 MACBOOK PRO 13" 2020

The Copy & Paste Function hitting Shift Command C, Shift Command V, is Pasting in what was 'Previously' on the Clipboard ( for example- NOT the last thing I copied, but the thing just BEFORE that). It is insanely annoying as I am trying to COPY & PASTE contents of WORD Documents I wrote and Paste them into New PAGES Documents, & it keeps picking up what was previously pasted, sometimes from really old copy/paste like a website name, pieces of an old article , and so on but Definitely NOT what I want- the IMMEDIATE past thing I just highlighted to be copy & pasted as I need it to be.

I saw in OLD forums here from 2009 this was happening and over 75 Apple users commented but NO one had a solution.

Does anyone have a solution? Quick Fix?

~Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 7:24 PM

The Mac shortcut for Paste is Command-V. The shift key is not involved.

Try choosing it off the Edit menu instead. that should give you the Paste function, unmodified.

Similar questions

1 reply

STRANGE COPY & PASTE PROBLEM ON M1 MACBOOK PRO 13" 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.